Brian Cowdrey

Thursday, July 27, 2006

The Day I Met Josh and Andy

It all happened so fast....

Last week on the simply youth ministry podcast Josh mentioned he was heading out to Colorado. So I decided to e-mail him and see if he wanted to meet and hang out while he was here. In the back of my mind I was thinking, yeah right, such a handsome big star celebrity (emphasis on Big) like him is probably too busy to hang out with the common people, like me. To my surprise he was all for it, and as an extra bonus Andy was coming too.

They were only here on Tues and Wed, so we decided on their way back to the airport we would meet up. The plan was for Josh to call me when he was done with his very important meetings. Now their plane was leaving at 6:00pm and by 3:00pm I still hadn't heard from him.

I finally got a call from him a few minutes later, saying they just got done and were on their way down. Apparently since they were running late, Andy was getting all worried about missing their flight, and would only allow them to stop for 4min. So Josh's plan was to grab two diet cokes, slap me a high five, snap a picture and head off to the airport.

Thinking ahead, I went and had the cokes ready for them, and at around 4:00pm I met them in the Heidi's Deli parking lot with two diet cokes ready on the top of my car, as they came speeding in nearly hitting an old women. (just kidding about the old lady, but if there was one, Andy probably would have hit her in his panic).

So in what seemed to be about 5 min (and it probably literally was) Josh jumps out of this little white car, we shake hands and give a quick hug with other hand. Immediately Josh whips out his camera, tosses it to Andy who has a very worried look on his face about the plane, and we take our Kodak moment together. Then we switch and I take one with Andy. I then ran to my green Saturn and grabbed my One Minute Bible curriculum and told them they had to sign it from themselves, and also sign it as if they were Doug. (I might put it on e-bay later, just kidding) Then we said our good byes and they were off in a hurry drinking their Diet Pepsi's.

That was a lot of fun, and they are both great guys. They have a huge heart for students, and it really shows. Just a warning though, If you ever meet them, don't expect them to ever get your name right, I think they have short term memory loss.

Anyway, check out their blogs. Josh said he was going to throw up the pictures on his.

Thanks Josh and Andy for the amazing 5 minutes we had together! You guys are awesome!

2 Comments:

  • Dude, SO fun! Posting on my blog about you (with pictures!) now. JG

    By Blogger Joshua Griffin, at 2:30 PM  

  • I think what's kewlest about this whole story, Brian, is that you heard Josh mention Colorado...because it happened in the closing seconds of the podcast. Such sharp ears!

    By Blogger P-Rob, at 8:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home